Friday, July 19, 2024

Defeating the Law of Diminishing Returns

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: John 3:8

If I could help you with your coding language... But then, I'm not one with mathmatic mental gymnastics; let alone interperet formal language.

If I could draw, but then again, no. Still I'm better off than my father, who once told me, "I can't even trace." I laughed. He said, "I'm serious!"

What is it that I bring to the table of our love? I wonder sometimes. But then an untrained writer like myself can scarce take in, a love, that has lasted longer than marriages.

There seems to be no reason but there is often Suessical rhymn. I just know I don't grow tired of discussing the validity of an oxford comma or arguing about grammar until one of us exclaims, "Oh fuck!" And the other one bursts into raucous laughter.

What is it that keeps us saddled to one another when times get rough and tempers flare? It's a spiritual who done it?

No comments:

Post a Comment